Transmogrifier is a Python framework and Command Line program created to provide
programatic access to Apple’s Final Cut Server digital asset management system.
It provides a number of facilities for interacting with Final Cut Server:
- Command line access to Data retrieval and manipulation
- Transmogrifier provides a command-line interface which allows access to
Final Cut Server assets and productions, allowing for both the retrieval,
as well as the modification of Final Cut Server metadata. This command
line interface also provides access to production membership modification,
archival and restoration triggers, thumbnail, posterframe, and proxy queries.
It also allows programatic access to assets based upon their file system
path, asset id, or title.
- Media Delivery
- Transmogrifier can facilitate the delivery of assets to various media publishing
platforms, including YouTube, BrightCove, and The Platform
- Archival Integration
- Transmogrifier provides archive integration capabilites via the fcsArchiver module.
This module currently has support for integration with Archiware’s PresStore backup
software, allowing for a seamless D2D2T end-user driven workflow. fcsArchiver
also provides access to the fcsDiskArchiver module, which allows for the intelligent
spanning of data across multiple archive disks.
- Qmaster facilities
- Transmogrifier’s Qmaster module provides a Python API for interfacing with Apple’s
Qmaster distributed transcode engine.
The Command Line Interface